Monday, September 19, 2011

Mission Impossible

We spent Sunday afternoon at the State Fair. 

*Side note: For those interested, the State Fair is perhaps THE best place to do some people watching (well worth the $10 ticket) & coincidentally improve your self-esteem about your own appearance.

After being at the fair for at least 6 minutes we realize that we had come woefully unprepared with something to eat for our picky little toddler. Lucky for me, I was tasked with finding a suitable snack to calm the cries of my daughter. Here's the shopping list that my lovely wife armed me with:
- Fruit and/or vegetables
- Milk

Needless to say I spent the next 1/2 hour wandering hopelessly among the carnival rides, squeezing my way through the sweaty crowds, and holding my noise past the farm animals trying to successfully fulfill my fatherly duties.
Funnel cakes? Not even close
Deep fried twinkies? Um...tempting, but no thanks.
Chocolate-covered frozen banana? That's technically fruit...
Corn-on-the-cob? That might work, but the line is 1/2 mile long.

At last I returned with the spoils of my journey:
A strawberry-banana smoothie and a carton of vanilla milk.

Close enough, right?

1 comment:

  1. Great documentary. You certainly have a gift.

    ReplyDelete