Tuesday, August 07, 2012

The Cleanse: Week 6 - I Don't Adore This Door

I'm embarrassed as a human being and ashamed as an architect that the doorway into to my bedroom has looked like this for months:


I started this project with the best of intentions but then life got in the way. You know; two kids, full-time job, no money (again, 2 kids), oh, and the fact that I have no clue how to do electrical work (see those two light switches dangling out of the wall? They need to be re-wired in a different location).

So although the project process has been slow-moving, the original goal is still in place. I'm going to install a sliding door suspended from the ceiling that when not covering the opening in the wall will slide to the right and cover the area where the light switch now resides (thus the need to move the switches).

Anyway, there used to be a door there, and now there isn't. The new door (yet to be purchased) will need to be slightly different than the old one was. So I had an extra door on my hands cluttering up my garage that I needed to be rid of.

Despite the fact that this door had been cut down to an odd size in order to fit in our low-ceiling basement, I'd thought I'd list it on KSL to see if anyone might want it.


Wouldn't you know it, someone was willing to pay me $50 for this odd-size, used door with no frame or hardware. Done deal.

I'm really great at starting projects; demolition is easy. I just need some discipline to get the projects done. I keep telling Breck that I intentionally make her live in a construction zone for months at a time in order to make her better appreciate the completed projects.

The greater the suffering, the greater the reward. Right?

She's not buying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment