Tuesday, September 04, 2012

The Cleanse: Week 9 - Contact Lens Wearers Unite! - or - Bald Men Unite!

Whether you like to admit it or not, each individual person from a married couple has some better genetic traits than others that they will get passed along to their children. For example, Breck has great eyes, teeth, and hair that we hope our girls will inherit; and I have...uh...

Oh crap!
Anyway, my eyesight without glasses is pretty terrible. Lucky for me some of the most successful architects wear/wore glasses. But just in case, I also wear contact lenses. For all you contact lens wearers (or former wearers for those lucky laser surgery folks) you probably know that almost every time you buy new lens cleaning solution or when you go to the eye doctor you also get a new contact lens case. Why do they do this? I'm not sure.

I've been wearing contact lenses for about 17 years; as you can imagine, more than a few lens cases have piled up in my bathroom drawers.

I can maybe make the argument for keeping 2 cases, but in the spirit of The Cleanse I decided to purge all but one.
______________________________________________________________
Speaking of getting free stuff at the doctor. Even though my dentist knows I use an electric toothbrush he still gives me a new manual brush and mini tube of toothpaste after every visit. Again, a huge pile of these freebies has accumulated in my bottom drawer.

Out they go.
______________________________________________________________

Not only have I never been to a professional salon for a haircut in my entire life (no offense Aunt Gaye...and thanks for all those free haircuts when I was growing up), but I've also had the same "haircut" for the past 10 years.
It's pretty easy to do myself, and doesn't require many tools. Unfortunately when you buy a set of electric hair clippers they usually come with about 57 extra attachments along with scissors, a comb, and a free coupon to Great Clips for when you screw things up at home.

I don't need all those extras cluttering up my drawer.

The female that I share the bathroom vanity with requires a lot more maintenance tools for her daily routine and didn't participate in this purge of bathroom clutter, so our vanity is now a bit lopsided. I hope it doesn't tip over.
______________________________________________________________

Does anyone else read the words UNITE in the title of this post as UNTIE? Nope, just me? I guess dyslexia is another trait of mine that I hope my daughters don't acquire.


No comments:

Post a Comment