Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Cleanse: Week 3 - No Time For Tea

My weekly Cleanse routine got off track already due to the sudden passing of my Grandpa last week and the resulting memorial events that happened yesterday; but I still managed to steer things back around today.

To give you an idea of the continued uphill battle I'm facing with this purging of unnecessary clutter around the house, here is a conversation I had with Breck regarding this week's item:

Pres: Do you want to contribute to The Cleanse this week by giving away this tea set? [while holding up a colorful stack of tea cups & saucers]
Breck: No, I like that.
Pres: Yah, but it's been sitting on our countertop for years and you've never used it even once!
Breck: Okay, I guess. But what will I put in that spot to replace it?
Preston: NOTHING! [with a sigh and an eye-roll as I realize not everyone in my household is fully grasping the concept of my project]

Since we really don't drink tea, the cups and saucers can now be found at the Sugarhouse D.I.

1 comment:

  1. It's always easier to give away other people's treasures! I could easily pick through Shawn's closet and toss out half the clothes. But, I need someone else to do mine! :)

    ReplyDelete